A Good News Portal to strengthen corporate communication in times of crisis and social distancing
The vangogh agency created a modular package of communication solutions which embrace a positive culture and acts as a tool for dialogue with corporate stakeholders.
The creative communication agency vangogh, part of AIM Group International, designed an ad hoc communication concept that helps companies communicate with their stakeholders, starting with internal audiences. The concept transforms this time of interruption and isolation into an opportunity to strengthen relationships and affirm company values.
“At a time of momentous change, where an unexpected and new situation forces us to review our ways of working and communicating, it is essential to stay in touch with all stakeholders, with our clients but also with those who work with us and for us ”explains Max Galli, president of vangogh. “We need to create a real cultural strategy to seize all the opportunities that the ongoing situation demands of us”.
The Good News Portal aims to share positive messages, especially those emanating as a result of the crisis, such as: responsibility, solidarity, competitiveness, a fairer future, a more sustainable economy both from an environmental and social point of view. By espousing these messages, the company is demonstrating how it embraces positive business values.
The portal develops as a digital platform, fully customizable with company logos and colours, which functions as a sort of “large town square” to disseminate the information. An editorial team provides a monthly editorial plan specifically designed for the needs of each company. It includes content created in collaboration with the company itself and with other contributions from partners or experts.
Here is an example of how corporate content can be structured:
- Voice of the CEO – A great way to keep in touch with your clients and collaborators is to record a weekly video message from the CEO, aimed at conveying confidence and positive messages.
- Voice of the experts – 15-minute thematic webinars co-developed by the agency and the company’s managers or specialists. The webinars are aimed at supporting clients in their professional growth or raising awareness of the variety of products and or services provided by the company.
- Good news – An international selection of good news, from all over the world, chosen by the editorial team in accordance with the company’s values and interests.
- Living the values – Once a week, real life stories of people who embody the company values will be featured, inspiring positive behaviour.
- In the Neighbourhood – This section will describe the initiatives that the company is carrying out in its neighbourhood. Employees may be involved, as storytellers of compelling examples and initiatives.
- Learning from each other – We can all teach something. In the company there may be experts in an art, a language or a profession. A nice way to involve those who work in the company can be sharing tips and experiences with other colleagues, for example: foreign languages, yoga, chess, guitar, business training, cooking, music, singing, personal training, drawing, computer science, school tuition. Every contribution is welcome to build a stronger community.
The project can include in a modular way: a related editorial plan on social media, alternating messages of positive communications with posts that encourage the use of the platform, a dedicated newsletter, which highlights the contents of the portal, content production for the institutional website of the company, an advertising campaign and the realisation of digital, virtual events.