Supported by SEA Milan Airports, Milan Bergamo Airport, ENIT, Regione Lombardia and Comune di Milano, together with other industry players, this initiative aims to promote the destination in particular through a B2B campaign, including participation in various industry events and fairs such as Routes 2022-2023, and a B2C digital campaign targeting travellers, both of which covering different geographical areas (North America and Europe).
AIM Communication has been tasked with developing the strategy and communication activities, including two significant campaigns.
The B2C campaign included:
- Partnerships with booking engines: partnerships with platforms (such as Kiwi and Skyscanner) to publish banners, ads and editorial content about the destination. The last campaign with Skyscanner has recorded 1.291.751 impressions and 24.405 click and generated 21.000 flights and 3.350 overnights.
- Creation of a ‘Fly to Milano’ landing page: a dedicated page inviting travellers to explore Lombardy.
- Social media engagement: an organic, accurate presence with infographics, reels, editorial content and videos, as well as targeted ads campaigns. The last traffic campaign results recorded 106,628 clicks, 3.4 million unique users reached and almost 12 million impressions.
- Google Ads Campaigns: strategic campaigns aiming to increase Milan’s visibility as an attractive destination. The last campaign generated in total 132,919 clicks and 7,357,697 impressions.
- Webserie: production of a serie of eight videos on different themes to show different facets of Lombardy, such as Christmas markets, handicrafts, outdoor activities, day trips from Milan and gastronomic itineraries.
B2B activities focused on participation in international events, such as the World Routes events (Las Vegas and Istanbul) and 4 regional events (Norway, Vietnam, Poland and Thailand), with the creative design and layout of the FlytoMilano stands showcasing the diversity of the destination. The stands also featured interactive initiatives, with, for example, an immersive room in Istanbul where visitors could embark on a journey to discover Milan, thanks to an illustrative story by the famous illustrator Carlo Stanga projected on an 3D immersive LED wall, and a lead generation activity, promoting a competition to win exclusive gadgets while discovering the region surrounding Milan.