Equipment for computerised PowerPoint presentation will be provided during the scientific
sessions. PowerPoint presentations on Floppy Disk, CD-Rom or USB virtual disks can be viewed
and tested prior to presentation in the Multimedia Slide Center, but must be handed over to the
technicians at least one hour before the beginning of the sessions and collected directly by the
speakers immediately following their session.
It is essential for the smooth running of the sessions that all Speakers hand in their slides and
PowerPoint presentation in due time.
European Accreditation with UEMS (European Union of Medical Specialists) will be requested for
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
A Certificate of attendance will be provided on request at the Registration desk on the last day of
Participants can present an abstract under one of the following three formats:
• Abstracts (8 min. presentation, 2 min. discussion), 5 papers per hour, results of properly
designed studies should be preferably assigned to this section.
• Short abstracts (3 min. presentations, 3 slides + title), case reports should be preferably
assigned to this section, 20 papers per hour (strict time limits, no discussion during the
session). Only discussions outside of meeting time permitted.
• Posters (with mandatory discussion 3 min. by jury), will be printed by the Congress secretariat
from a PowerPoint data file.
• Free papers will be presented in specific meeting rooms with according time slots organized
in order for all authors to be able to present their communication efficiently.
• All oral communications will take place in the Grimaldi Forum from Monday, 31st August to
Friday, 4th September 2009.
• An area will be at your disposal for poster exhibition. Posters (cm 150 height – cm 90 base) will
be displayed in the Grimaldi Forum from Monday, 31st August to Friday, 4th September 2009.
During the poster sessions the assigned posters of the session should be attended by the
authors for viewing and discussion.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING ABSTRACTS
• All abstracts must be submitted in English.
• Abstracts are selected on the basis of scientific merit only.
• Authors presenting abstracts must be registered participants. Posters will not be displayed from
un-registered authors. A corresponding/presenting author should be identified.
• Abstracts can only be submitted on-line no later than 28th February 2009.
No submission on paper material or by e-mail will be accepted. Should you not have internet
access, please contact the Organizing Secretariat (+377 97 97 35 55).
• Acknowledgement of receipt of the submission will be sent to the stated E-mail address under
section «Personal details».
• Notification of acceptance of the abstracts will be E-mailed by the end of February 2009.
Final acceptance will be subject to payment of the registration fees.
• The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is
responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
• Conflict of Interest/Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement
of any commercial funding sources. Authors should declare all commercial interests.
• All studies must have been approved by institutional committees on ethics of experimental and
• The complete abstract must not exceed the box space (TBD).
• Structured abstracts are mandatory, stating clearly the Background, Aims, Methods, Results
• It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or
scientific fact may be reproduced as typed by the author, if accepted.
• Changes to abstracts can only be accepted up until the deadline using your personal page.
• All accepted abstracts will be printed in a listed Phlebological journal.
If you have any questions regarding abstracts please contact us by email:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING POSTERS
• The allocated poster board space is a maximum size of 150 cm in height and 90 cm base.
• Poster material must be prepared in advance and should be large enough to be viewed at a
distance of 2 m. Poster printings will be provided by the Organizing Secretariat from a ppt file. No
personal poster printing will be allowed.
• Authors are asked to send a PowerPoint file of their poster to the Organizing Secretariat. The
Secretariat will be responsible for printing and setting up Poster presentation. This will avoid any
translation errors and problems in production quality.
• Drawings and charts should be clear and simple.
• Authors should plan to attend their Poster display during the assigned sessions.
• Posters must be set up on Sunday, 30th August (time to be confirmed) and removed at the end of
• Authors must be registered to the Congress.